|10/30/2014||Lappi's victory in Switzerland secures ŠKODA the European championship|
ŠKODA works driver Esapekka Lappi repeats last year's success at the ERC race in Switzerland and looks likely to win the title .Skoda works drivers Esapekka Lappi/Janne Ferm (FIN/FIN) extended their lead in the overall standings with their victory at the "Rallye International du Valais", the penultimate race of the FIA European Rally Championship (ERC) season. Only their brand colleagues Sepp Wiegand/Frank Christian (D/D) can prevent them from winning the ERC title for drivers and co-drivers now.
Lappi/Ferm took the lead on the second day and kept hold of it right until the finish on Saturday evening."The whole weekend went perfectly for us," said Lappi. "Janne and I are incredibly proud to have won in Switzerland for the second time. I would like to thank the whole team for their fantastic work. We're in a great position in the championship now and travel to the final race in Corsica with a good feeling."
The season finale of the FIA European Rally Championship (ERC) takes place from 6 to 8 November in Corsica.
Rallye du Valais results:
1. Esapekka Lappi (FIN) Skoda Fabia S2000 1:46:22.4
2. Craig Breen (IRL) Peugeot 208T16 R5 + 42.0
3. Sepp Wiegand (DEU) Skoda Fabia S2000 + 3:04.1
4. Jonathan Hirschi (CHE) Peugeot 208T16 R5 + 4.10.2
5. Olivier Burri (CHE) Ford Fiesta R5 + 4:17.8
Complete results : http://www.fiaerc.com/events/live/id/24
Photo: A. Lavadinho
|09/02/2014||ERC leader Lappi picks up valuable championship points|
Lappi, who didn't make it to the end of the day on Saturday after a mistake, and his co-driver Janne Ferm won three of the six special stages on Sunday and finished third in the day's standings. This saw him pick up five points for the ERC overall standings.
- We successfully managed to limit the damage on Sunday. Many thanks to the ŠKODA team of mechanics who repaired our Fabia Super 2000 to make it as good as new, said Lappi.
FIA ERC Standings after 8/11
1. Lappi & Ferm 123
2. Wiegand 104
3. Breen 70